Sunday, June 10, 2007

Another Charity Quilt!

I made this quilt from flannel scraps from my stash. It, like the others I have made for charity, is destined for a women's shelter. I have a few more charity quilts that I am working on at the moment. They are mostly simple patchwork squares and require very little technical expertise. I can practically make them with my eyes closed! Which is especially convenient, since I have been known to sit at my sewing machine at 2:00am when sleep escapes me. Also, even though I would like to be gardening all day, there are times when it is too cold, too hot, too wet or too wild to be outside in the garden. Then I am thankful for my quiet sewing room! Felix, my big, fat, hairy, feline companion, likes to keep me company when I sew. I have to be careful not to roll my chair over his tail as he naps behind me! I hope I will get some more quilts done in the next few weeks, so that I can post them.

No comments: