Saturday, September 01, 2007

At the Franklin Club

We had dinner at the Franklin Club tonight. Here we are in the clubhouse. I know we are all smiling, but the evening was kind of sad for me. You see, this was our last dinner together. Tomorrow the girls are going back to Japan. It's been a great month! We've had lots of laughs and good times and I know we will have many memories! I came to love these girls as if they were my own daughters! I will miss them. But who knows! Maybe our paths will cross again one day. I want to go to Japan in the future and see the country that turns their children into such wonderful, caring and polite young adults. I want to meet the people who respect each other and their environment. And I want to see all the sights, taste all the foods and experience all the customs that the girls have told me about. Most of all I want to see the cherry blossoms in spring time. One day I will do all that! But for now I wish them a safe journey home. Followed by a lifetime of health and happiness. Best wishes for your future, my Japanese daughters. I will never forget you!

No comments: