Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Conversation With Mimi

Me: Hi Mimi!

Mimi: Meow! Oh, It's you. I wondered who that was climbing up the back stairs. I hardly recognized you! You look so different!

Me: Oh! You saw me on the stairs! Wasn't that amazing? I didn't think I would ever be able to do that again, but I did! I guess the exercises and physio with Kelvin have really paid off! But aren't you glad to see me? It's almost as if you don't want to look at me!

Mimi: It's just that you surprised me. That's all. I had given up on you. It's been at least 50 litter box clean-ups since you were home.

Me: I know. Hope everything is going okay here.

Mimi: Meow! Yeah, yeah. We get enough to eat and everything is nice and quiet - the way I like it. Meow! I have no complaints, but meow! You smell funny!

Me: Funny how? Like funny, haha or funny, strange?

Mimi: Meow! Weird! You smell kind of like human litter box and some kind of strong disinfectant!

Me: Oh, sorry about that. I guess it's a hospital smell.

Mimi: I don't like it! Meow! You used to smell nice, like the outdoors, kind of like plants and soil or fabrics and yarn. I used to like those smells!

Me: I know. Maybe it will not be much longer before I can come home for good. Can I pat you?

Mimi: Okay, but don't be upset if I lick myself clean right afterwards.

Me: I won't. I understand how you feel. You are so soft and sweet. When I come home next time I am going to brush you. I've missed you so much! I love you Mimi!

Mimi: Meow! I love you too, sort of I guess. When will you come home for good?

Me: In a few weeks, I hope.

Mimi: Oh, meow! That's good. Will you smell nice again then?

Me: I promise!

Mimi: Okay. Can I go back to my napping? It's nice to see you, but you are cutting into my nap time.

Me: Alright. Bye Mimi. See you later.

Mimi: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

2 comments:

Opal said...

It's so great to hear you're doing better! Climbing stairs? Wow! Keep up the great work with your rehab. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

We like the 'Mimi story'.
It's a 'mini story'.
Do you have more?