Monday, October 27, 2008

Cats and Pumpkins

Done! In time for Halloween!
I started this little wallhanging a couple of years ago. At that time, I thought it was very cute and I had great hopes for it. But, unfortunately, I didn't get it finished before that Halloween and as a result it has been languishing in my UFO (UnFinished Objects) pile for over two years! But my UFO days are over! Well, not really. I still have lots more to finish. In fact, I don't dare admit to how many there actually are! But, in my attempt to finish as many as possible, I sandwiched it and quilted it last week. It was a good opportunity to practice my stipple quilting on the background. Then I had my DH hang it on the wall at my DD's house. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. And now it has a place of honour to greet her Halloween ghouls and goblins.

8 comments:

Winny said...

Love the quilt. It is very cute and I am glad you finished it. The colours are just perfect and the cats look great.

Anonymous said...

I really like it.

Unknown said...

It's very cute. You must be happy with your accomplishment!

dutchcomfort said...

The cats look really cutest with the pumpkins!! Great finish and lovely quilt!

Anonymous said...

It's perfect timing for Halloween decoration! Glad to tell you that
your autumn leaves, beautiful quilts and cute amigurumi dolls are
downloaded to my cellphone and being shown to people around me here half way across the globe!

Adrienne said...

Good for you - I'm sure the kitty loves it ;-) Thanks for the crochet well wishes! I'm really enjoying this much more than knitting. Happy quilting!

the dutch purple rabbit said...

3 times an onyx cat I see.
it's very lovely.

nynke

Anonymous said...

I think this one one of your most outstanding quilts.
Very rare and unique.
Where you get your talent from?