Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Quilt for the Felines in Our Family


A couple of weeks ago, Nynke (aka the Dutch Purple Rabbit) showed a cute little quilt which she had made for her cats. Mimi really liked it and wanted me to make something especially for her, just like Nynke's. So I put away all the UFO's I had been working on and made this little quilt, using bits and pieces from all sorts of cat prints. I made a whole bunch of four patches, but when I placed them on my 'design floor', I realized that they were too similar in colour and value. I decided to add some colour by alternating the four patches with blocks of yellow. Then, because I had a few strips of blue left over from another project, I put a blue inner border on to add even more colour. Still, it turned out kind of drab and not at all like Nynke's Sorry Mimi. Yours is just sort of bland.

"That's not all it is! You put that yellow fabric in there! It has the 'd' word on it!"

"The 'd' word? Like dentist, dumb, dragon - what?"

"The 'd' word silly! DOG!"

"Oh, dog. But it has cats on it too. I know you will like it when you try it."

"Don't bet on it!"

"Well, I don't care what you say. Oscar and Felix like it! It can be their quilt and you will have to wait until I make another one - like next year, maybe."

3 comments:

the dutch purple rabbit said...

spook hates me now because the quilt you make is mutch bigger. so mimi also can hide under it wen a dog is comming over.
I really love the collers you used.

nynke aks the dutch purple rabbit

Unknown said...

Don't worry about Mimi, she is just
being stubborn. I'm sure she will be all over that quilt in no time.

Oiyi said...

Oh my, so cute! I am sure Mimi loves it.