Thursday, June 11, 2009

Caught up in the Nine Patch Quilt Along

When I say "caught up" I mean that in two ways. I am totally fixated on these blocks. I love the simplicity. I am "caught up" in the fascination of imagining quilters all over the world working away at this task all at the same time. I am "caught up" in the making of at least one of these blocks each day as per Crazy Mom's instuctions. I am constantly looking at my fabrics, thinking of which ones to put together. When my sewing machine quit on me, I had to leave the nine patches. It was a sad time for me. When I got my machine back, I was about two weeks behind. But now I am "caught up"! I have finished a total of 46 blocks! I think that is about where we are right now in the quilt along. These are some of my latest ones.


9 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

That orange/cow is too funny!

Barb said...

I love them all.....I never signed up but on one sight I said I was game....I guess I should have gone and signed up....well...until you see what I have done with the blocks...hummmmm ....maybe I am not in the game anymore?

the dutch purple rabbit said...

i start to love the nine patch. I see it alite latly end loving it more and more.
special with you're touch of colours and scrapbin use.

nynke

Latane Barton said...

I can't wait to see the finished quilt. I love the latest blocks. You are making great choices so it will be fabulous.

Feedsack Fantasy said...

That orange cow is wild! They are all very pretty, tho. TTFN ~Marydon

LizzieJane said...

The finished quilt is going to look amazing, can't wait to see it.
x

dutchcomfort said...

Love your 9-patches! Fascinating idea indeed, all those quilters working on the same project! That’s why I loved crazymom’s first two quilt-alongs so much.

I’m behind on schedule and started working on another 9-patch quilt-top... cause a girl needs more than one 9-patch project...doesn’t she?!

I’ve been cutting up a storm this morning so I’ll have my sewing-machine purring like crazy!

Happy weekend!

Opal said...

such pretty colors!

*karendianne. said...

Gosh Hetty, this is a beautifully written, heartfelt post. I enjoyed reading it. I loved your play on words and got "caught up" in the piece on piecing.