Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Star is Born

This block is called Northumberland Star. It is this week's block on the Friday Block Party. I love star blocks and this one turned out really nice! But gosh was it ever difficult. I tried to follow the instructions on quilterscache, but finally gave up and just did my own thing. It is a 12-inch block, but it took me hours to complete. By 3:00am I only had half of it done. Would I have the patience to do this one again? I doubt it.

I also want to let you know about a give-away that Vicki at Felines and Fibre Arts is hosting. Go check it out. She has lots of great things to give away!

3 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

You are so good to keep up with the FBP. Your block looks great!

*karendianne. said...

Huh. I can see the difficulty in that one. It's beautiful though, not doubt. And, as usual, you're painting with fabric. But for real, I do see the difficulty and I celebrate your achievement!!!

Eileen said...

wow! Your points in that are perfect! No wonder it took you hours! And I love your color combo.. the pink and blue with the unexpected gold center.