Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Apple Day!

Lucky me! When I got up this morning there was a huge bag of apples sitting inside my back door. It seems that my DD had been apple picking on the weekend and she picked me a 20lb bag of delicious Cortland apples. She left them for me this morning, on her way to work, without waking me up. Isn't she sweet?
Cortlands are amazing apples, great for snacking, applesauce and baking. They have a very white interior that doesn't turn brown as soon as it's cut. Needless to say, it's been a busy day in the kitchen for me! I made applesauce, which I still have to can.
And I also baked a Mrs. G's apple cake. It's in the oven now! Recipe and more photos tomorrow.

8 comments:

Barb said...

Yes, you do have a sweet daughter....lucky you!! Love the apples....enjoy!!

Pat said...

YUMMMM...sounds like a great day at your place!

Reddirt Woman said...

Oh my those look good. And that just with the apples laying around. Yum, Yum. Good daughter!

Helen

dutchcomfort said...

Yummy! Good luck with the apple-baking stuff!

The Calico Cat said...

I am salivating at the thought of an apple cake. (I may need to dust off my own recipe - since my MIL is coming down soon.)

Oiyi said...

I am excitedly waiting for pics of your apple cake. Yummo!

LizzieJane said...

I think I should be eating more of these. I have a stinker of a cold that is just knocking me for six!
Those are some wonderful looking apples.
x

*karendianne. said...

I've never heard of these. I'll be watching for them though. Do have other favorite apples you enjoy? I like Gala apples the best pretty much. :)