Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Tea and Apple Cake Anyone?

This is the last of the apple cake! Sorry! Only enough for one! But here is the recipe, so you can make your own. I call it Mrs. G's (that's me) Apple Cake because I have been making it and changing the recipe for so many years that I don't even remember what the original one called for.
Mrs G's Apple Cake

1 1/4 cups sifted all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 egg
2 tbsp milk
Apples
Raisins, dried currants or dried cranberries (about a handful)
Cinnamon topping (below)

Mix dry ingredients together. Cut in the butter or margarine. Add the egg and milk.
(The mixture will be quite stiff)
Press the dough with your fingers into a 9-inch cake pan
Cover with apples slices that have been peeled, cored and sliced.
Sprinkle with some raisins, dried currants or dried cranberries
Cover with the cinnamon crumble mixture.


Cinnamon Crumble Topping
Mix together:
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for about 45 minutes.

Today is day 7 of Blogtoberfest. I have made it through the first week!

6 comments:

Pat said...

Looks yummy. I might have to try this (although my scale warns me otherwise!!!)

the dutch purple rabbit said...

looks very yummie

Latane Barton said...

I'll have to try this recipe. It sounds so good and I have been hungry for something made with apples.

dutchcomfort said...

It’s almost midnight, but you made me hungry! The apple cake sounds delicious!

*karendianne. said...

Golly this sounds really super duper yummy!

The Calico Cat said...

Wow, your recipe is completely different from mine! Sounds yummy.