Monday, November 09, 2009

Party Time

This week's Party block is called 'Cross in a Cross'. It's an 8-inch block. Although it had lots of bias pieces and seams, it was an easy block to construct. Mimi likes it!
"Don't you Mimi?"


"Meow! Ya sure? But, shhhhhh! Be quiet! Don't move! We are having a party of our own. A birdwatching party!"
The backyard was infiltrated with Slate-coloured Juncos. There were hundreds of them, eating the seeds of the 'Black-eyed Susans' and 'Echinacea'. So I joined in the party and watched the fun along with my fur babies.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Got love pets. They make so much even better

em's scrapbag said...

Your block looks great. I wish I could find time to make some block party blocks. Where does it all go?

Barb said...

Love your block!!

*karendianne. said...

Oh look at Mimi and your great block! She's so cuteeee!!!

I like the birdwatching scene. That's fun-tastic.

Pat said...

I love the block, but I also love the photo of your crew doing their bird-watching!

LV said...

I have lots of quilts as I simply love them. I like this design but would never attempt to make a quilt. The kitties are so cute and they all like to watch birds.If you have time, drop by my place today for an award.

Anonymous said...

Love the photo of the furbabies. They're definitely engaged in birdwatching.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Moew! Moew! Moew! let us out. We like to make our own party, and have a four and twenty black birds baked in a pie.

Rosa-Munda said...

What cute little kittes - they obviously make a great team!! Ros

Jossie said...

I came here through Skywatch Friday. It is so nice that you also are a quilter. That is my passion too!
Jossie

Rinie said...

Mimi was just about to grab your block but watching Juncos with the other kittens you don't do everyday.
That block can wait.
Beautiful picture!