Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Celebrating Our 43rd Anniversary

Today we are celebrating our anniversary. We have been married 43 years. Does that seem like a lifetime to you? Gosh I feel old! I wish I could post a photo of our wedding day, but unfortunately, there are no photos. The ones we had taken by a family member did not turn out. The film broke (old days before digital) and all of our photos were gone! We did take a few more a few days later, but they are all slides. (I think that was the most economical way to take photos back then) Although we had several slides made into prints, we gave all those away. We always meant to make photos for ourselves, but it just didn't happen. So I am including a photo of the two of us on board a cruise we took to celebrate our 25th anniversary. I still have all of the wedding slides and after the holidays I will go through them and have some printed to make up a little wedding album for myself. I asked the guys at the photo place if they still make photos from slides. They told me it only takes one day to get the photos made. So how come it has taken me 43 years?


11 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Happy 43rd Anniversary Hetty!!

It sounds like our story.. my brother was supposed to take photos during our weddingday, but he made slides by mistake... it took you 43 years to have them printed into photos? Same story here! Years ago it costed a fortune to have them printed. With all the new digital techniques it’s much cheaper and quicker!

the dutch purple rabbit said...

gefeliciteerd
and many happy years for you to follow.
ps looking forward to see the photos

nynke

The Calico Cat said...

Wow 43 years, you two must have done something right! Congrats.

My father does something to upload slides... Not sure what & not brave enough to ask, but it apparently can be done.

Loved the last sentiment - about 1 day for processing taking 43 years years to do... :o)

Pat said...

Happy Annniversary! We will celebrate our 43rd in August. My hubby has taken many of our slides and processed them onto disks so we can look at them online or on the TV and also can make copies ourselves or email them to others. Otherwise, the slides were just sitting and not seen any longer.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy Anniversary, and many more!

I hope you do get your slides printed. There is something about holding a picture in your hand that beats looking at the computer screen.

Keiko said...

Happy Anniversary and Merry Christmas!
With best wishes for the holiday season,

Keiko

Vicki said...

Congratulations on your 43 anniversary and best wishes for many more happy years together.

Rinie said...

Never forget your wedding day.
We danced, but very awkward!
My daughter was born 5 days later.

Forgot you anniversary.
Belated congratulations.
Rinie

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!
When you get the photos, be sure to post one (I wonder what the hair styles would be like for a 1966 wedding?)
Congratulations, and many more!

Oiyi said...

Happy Anniversary! 43 years is something to be proud of.

Bluebird49 said...

Hi Hettie---we celebrated ours on June 30, 2009---soon it'll be 44 years. I will be 61 this Nov., so we're very close in age, I see.

(by the way---your word verification says "devil" Ouch!_