Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm Back! Just in Time for SkyWatch Friday Too!

At precisely this time last Thursday my computer crashed. OMG! I was devastated to say the least! I took my hard drive to Future Shop. On the advice of the salesperson who served me, I purchased an external hard drive. I had been meaning to get one for a long time. They promised to backup all my files and then reformat my computer. On Monday they phoned me to say my computer was ready to come home. But when I got it home, I discovered that they had given me a blank external drive and I could not find any of my photos and documents. I called and complained - several times and got nowhere. I had visions of all my crazy cat photos ending up on someone else's computer! Poor Mimi! Someone from the store finally called me yesterday and told me that they had found my external drive with all my back ups. Yippee! I did a little happy dance! Mimi is safe!

So I'm up and running now. At least I hope I am. Still trying to find everything and get my machine back the way I like it. But for now here is my entry for SkyWatch Friday. It's a photo I took when I was in Chicago a couple of years ago. I was on a bus trip to see a quilt show. A few of us decided to take the subway downtown. Don't get me wrong, I love nature and the outdoors, but a part of me also loves buildings and cityscapes! I have no idea which building this is, but it caught my fancy, so here it is.

If you want to see more SkyWatch Friday photos just click here. I'll be back in a couple of days to show you all the quilts I have been working on. See you.

10 comments:

My name is Riet said...

LOvely picture. Good your computer is working again

Guy D said...

Excellent skywatch shot Hetty, well done.

All the best
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Darla said...

Cool capture!

Pat said...

Whew...I'm glad your computer stuff was returned to you. Nice photo of that skyscraper....I nearly got dizzy leaning back and looking up at the sky, though!!! LOL

Vicki said...

I'm so glad that they found your external hard drive with all your favorite photos and other stuff. I got my external drive last year because my computer is old and I made the decision to hobble along with it for another year. I figured I better get an external and back all my stuff just incase it didn't last. I've got a new computer ordered from Dell and it will be arriving around the 18th so it's my early Christmas present to me.

By the way I love your photo of the skyscraper.

Unknown said...

My laptop crashed a little while ago, and is still sitting in my bedroom waiting to be saved. I've now learned my lesson though, upload all important/awesome pictures to something like flickr. I now pledge to do so religiously. Hopefully I can save the ones from before this kick in the butt

Pearl Maple said...

Fun angle on the sky and must be nice to have your computer back on line. Toronto is one of my favorite cities, hope you are enjoying your weekend.

AnnaI said...

That's a great shot! This was the "pointy things jutting out into the sky" skywatch Friday, wasn't it? ;)

Robin said...

Nice shot, that's a great building.

Glad you're computer's back again.

Judy said...

I agree that this is an intersting photo - the contrast between the square hard lines of the building and the randomness of the branches, with a bit of curve from the streetlight!