Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Some Friday Block Party Blocks

We have had a wonderful Christmas! Lots of hosting, visiting, cooking, baking and eating! And now it is back to 'sort-of' normal. I have finished the last three blocks in the Friday Block Party. I thought I'd better get them done seeing as how I am the one who is posting the blocks each week for the year 2010. If anyone is interested in joining our party, let me know. I have no idea how to add you to our blog, but I'll figure it out.

This first block is called Double Hourglass. It was for week 50. It is a 9inch block. I didn't follow the instructions very well. I made the hourglass units in groups of two, so I ended up with four of them. I only needed three, so in order not to waste a unit, I put a novelty print in the centre and put the hourglass units around it. This created a whole new block, but it is in keeping with the novelty 9in. blocks I have made in the past. I hope to make all of the 9in. blocks into a baby quilt soon.


The next block is called 'Four Square'. It was for week 51 and it is a 12in. block. This one has lots of HST and 2 1/2 inch units. I like it, but I doubt if I will ever make it again.


And this is the block for week 52. It is called Double Cross. It is a small 8in. block. It was easy and quick. So now I have finished all of the blocks for 2009! That means I have 52+ orphan blocks in my collection. I think it's time to put together some quilts. Don't you?





9 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the 4 square block. It is like a glorified Bento Box square.

that last one, I always called spool, not double cross. I know a lot of blocks have more than one name.

the dutch purple rabbit said...

i love the red cat.
sppoky likes red cats too.
:)

nynke

dutchcomfort said...

I agree with Mrs Ecuberant Color! The second block is really wonderful!

Opal said...

oooh i like the green block! i look forward to seeing you put all these blocks together. :)

Pat said...

You've done a great job with these. Do I understand that you are doing another set of these each Friday in 2010???

em's scrapbag said...

Fun blocks. I love the cat! You've been so good to keep up with these.

Barb said...

You are truly dedicated.....so are you hoisting the Friday Block party for next year?

Unknown said...

Hetty ~ The blocks are so colorful & pretty. What are you going to do with them next?

Have a beautiful & blessed New Year. I so appreciate your friendship.

I will be in & out of communication for the next couple of weeks.
TTFN ~ Marydon

The Calico Cat said...

I think I "have" that kitty fabric, I know I "had" that orange. :o)