Thursday, March 11, 2010

SkyWatch Friday and a Party Block

All week I thought I had time to quilt since we were supposed to get rain. But the skies remained clear and I just couldn't stay in my sewing room and sew. I had to get out. But yesterday the sky darkened and we got a tiny shower for about 3 minutes! Here it is.


Then it started to clear up. No more rain for us.


If you would like to see more sky photos from around the world, go here.

This morning I decided that I had to do some sewing or I would not get all of my projects finished. So it is my delight to present the block for Friday's Block Party, week 9, Joseph's Delight! It's a 12-inch block. I am only one week behind now. So back I go to my sewing machine, but first a little 'walk-about' in my back yard. Got to see if there are signs of spring out there!


15 comments:

Barb said...

Love your block and your "Bowtie quilt below"....it is a bowtie...

Kaye said...

Love the block and you did an excellent job on it.

Unknown said...

I love the red and how it pops in this block!

EG CameraGirl said...

Well, I think you may have some good quilting days coming up this weekend, Hetty. :-)

Pat said...

Nice block...we were to get all day rain today but we had a bit of a downpour and then sun tried to come out and then it has stayed cloudy. They say the weekend is to be horrendous with downpours but maybe we can get the same kind of "rainy weather" that YOU had....the kind that disappears in 3 minutes. We really don't need the rain yet after all the snow we had and don't need any flooding, either.

the dutch purple rabbit said...

he,

i like you pictures. in the second there is a lovely pattern.

the friday block is really nice. i love the white fabric with litle flowers. i can see a quilt comming out of it too.

nynke

Carletta said...

Turned out you got lovely skies!
My mother-in-law quilted. I never learned the patience. :)

I see you are a retired teacher too. :)
Thanks for your visit.

Latane Barton said...

Hey, Hetty, my daffodils are blooming. Imagine that!! I am thrilled.

That block is very striking. I like it.

Sylvia K said...

You did get some lovely skies after all! Lovely quilts! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Kim, USA said...

I love how the clouds turn from dark to white and blue sky. Awesome! Thanks for the visit too.

Sky Watch Friday

Pearl Maple said...

Rainy days are a perfect excuse for staying tucked inside to do a bit of quilting. Happy Sky Watch Friday.

Tania said...

Hope for some spring here too:-)
Have a great weekend!

LizzieJane said...

What a lovely vibrant block. I do so love red in a quilt. Here's hoping for a good weekend for you.
x

Kcalpesh said...

Clouds form some really amazing patterns very often! Beautiful photos!

Pixellicious Photos

dutchcomfort said...

Love your skies and the block! Wonderful fabrics!