Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Another Finish!

Today is day 20 of Blogtoberfest.

Oh, boy! I'm on a roll! I finished the second charity quilt for Quilts from the Heart. This one was fun to do. I was given a kit containing 30 ten-inch blocks, some backing fabric and binding fabric. But when I went to put the 10-inch blocks together I discovered that there were only 28 of them and three were a very inferior polyester. So I took those out and added some fabric of my own. Then I decided to do this log cabin type, square within a square. because I didn't think the blocks looked child-like enough. Now each block has a fussy cut kids fabric in the centre. I like it a whole lot more now.


And Felix seems to approve of my changes. All is well.

6 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Felix has good taste!

Simone de Klerk said...

Such a happy bright quilt, Hetty! Congratulations on yet another finish (o:

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

It is the perfect childs quilt - so happy and bright.
Great work!

the dutch purple rabbit said...

hurray a fo. are you still gone make this year numbers.

nynke

ps felix is very good looking for tails.

dutchcomfort said...

This is a very happy quilt Hetty! Hurray for another finish!

Felix is looking if there’s a mouse block!

Barb said...

Just love it....