Friday, January 07, 2011

Ellie the Elephant

Here is my elephant block for week 2 of this year's Friday Block Party. Just click on the party icon on my sidebar and it will take you there. The instructions for this block were very clear, yet I still paper pieced mine. I can't help it. I paper piece everything if it can be done that way. It's a 10-inch block and I think I am going to make a baby quilt with the 10-inch blocks this year.

I have been sitting in my solarium today, enjoying the snow, the intermittent sunshine, the squirrels and Mimi. We had about 8cm of snow last night. Not enough to even bring the snowplows out. But it made for a nice white backyard. The squirrels have been running around through the snow on the fence and roof, driving Mimi almost insane! As soon as she saw my camera, she jumped down and hid under my bed. What's all that about? She probably thought she was doing something bad because those squirrels really were a tease.


7 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

The elephant would look great in a baby quilt.

dutchcomfort said...

Love your elephant block! I can picture a babyquilt filles with elephants!

Poor mimi!

Oiyi said...

The elephant block is so neat!

Wacky Woman said...

Oh what a cute block. Are you familiar with the children's book Elmer the Elephant? It would be a great go along with the block for a gift.
My schnauzer isn't too fond of the squirrels either

Pat said...

The elephant block is adorable! I had to laugh about Mimi going into hiding when your camera appeared. Is that squirrel a very dark color? I looks very dark on my monitor. Our squirrels in this area are gray....but yours looks nearly black to me....unless it was just the camera angle (or my monitor).

LizzieJane said...

I have a soft spot for elephants and this block is wonderful. Have a great weekend Hetty... stay warm.
x

Saskia said...

I love the elephant block! Like the fabric you used too! That will make a lovely baby quilt. I will go see what the block party is all about. Have a nice weekend!