Friday, January 14, 2011

Flowers on Friday?

Heck, why not?
I thought you might like to see some of my Christmas Cactus. They have been flowering since November and still have lots of buds. This is the red one.
And here is the pink one. This one fell over last fall and a lot of the branches broke off, but it doesn't seem to have had any effect on the flowers.
And finally, here is part of my hexagon quilt. It is getting so large that I have to work on it in sections. The prepared hexies were supposed to be last night's sewing-while-watching television, but my hands were too sore. I finished knitting a scarf instead.



7 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Ohhhh, sore fingers must means a large quilt. Love those cacti.

LizzieJane said...

I love the colors of Christmas Cactus. It is so nice to have some colorful plants in winter time.
Your hexies are lovely Hetty. It is going to be a beautiful quilt.
x

Saskia said...

Nice flowers, the real and fabric ones! I like the bright colors in your hexa flowers.

Jossie said...

I love to see those beautiful bright cactus flowers on a dark winter day.
You are doing very well with your hexagons. Mine are put on hold for a while.

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

Hetty,
I nominated you for the Liebsters Award! I as well tagged you in my blog which you can see here:
http://veggiehunter.blogspot.com/2011/01/happy-surprise.html
Hopefully this will give you a little more traffic - which you deserve! You can pay it forward by choosing 3-5 more blogs for the award. They must have under 300 followers. Just make a post with links like mine.
Congrats,
Carolyn

Rinie said...

I have only some leaves left on my cacti. Hardly any bloom this year.
Yours look so beautiful.
And your quilted flowers look really nice
Makke

And this would be . . . . said...

i love the cacti. My grandmother had a lot (which my mother now has). Mine has never bloomed but at least it is alive. Love the hexagons as well.