Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Keeping Busy

Oh, look!  I haven't posted for over a week.  I have been playing with my scraps and worrying about Mimi.   So I'll tell you about Mimi first. 

She has not been feeling well over the last couple of weeks.  I am not really sure what is wrong with her.  She has no distinct symptoms, just a lot of little things that I can't get a handle on.  She seems to have an eye infection.  And maybe dental problems.  She is not eating or drinking as usual.  So last night we took her to the 24-hour clinic.  She weighed less than 6 pounds.  They took blood and urine.  Gave her some water under her skin because she was dehydrated.  Told me to syringe feed her.  Gave me drops for her eye and some kind of pills for nausea.  So today it seems as if I am running a cat hospital.  The vet is going to phone me this evening with the results of her tests.  Then we will know more.  Mimi seems a lot better though.  Right now she is sleeping and I won't disturb her until it is time for her to eat again.

And now for my sewing progress.  Last week Em from Ems Scrapbag had another tutorial for the scrap quilt we're working on.  I have a whole box of little 1 1/2 inch pieces sewn into 4 patches.  A few have a 2 1/2 inch piece sewn on and made into a bigger 4 patch.  This week's tutorial was on adding 4 1/2 inch pieces.  I still have lots to do, but here is my progress so far.


Yesterday I spotted a little house quilt along.  The houses are only 3 inches square when finished.  I made a couple of them and then did one at 4 inches square.  I don't know yet if I will join this quilt along.  I have to perfect the pattern first.  They are paper pieced.  I think they are so cute!

My next project is a quilt for Quilts from the Heart.  I was given the fabric to do with what I want.  The blocks were all 6 inch square.  I was supposed to randomly place the blocks together in a pleasing pattern.   Sounds easy.  But some of the fabric was great and some of it was not so great.  I don't like working with slippery polyester fabrics.  So I thought about this quilt for a while and decided that I would do a bit of piecing, take the 'not so good' fabric out and maybe add some of my own.  This is what I have come up with so far. 

I will finish this one this week, I hope.  I have another Quilt from the Heart to make before the end of January.

10 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

You are bitten by the huisjes bug!

Sorry to hear about Mimi. Sending healing thoughts for your little furry friend.

(I’m running a vet hospital here for about half a year now with Midas on medication for his thyroid and tummy. I cherish every day he’s with us.)

Pat said...

I hope Mimi is on the road to recovery. I am wondering if she has diabetes? I know of many who have cats with that and some of their symptoms were the same. You are doing a great job on the quilts, too...and the houses are adorable!

em's scrapbag said...

Your progress looks great! I love your houses by the way!

Donna said...

So sorry for Mimi. Hope she feels better soon.

hakucho said...

Poor Mimi...hope she's feeling better real soon.

Vicki said...

Sending positive thoughts to Mimi and you, hope you will have an answer shortly and that it is something easy to fix.

Love your little scrappy house blocks.

Wacky Woman said...

Your quilts are looking great. Poor Mimi. I had a mini poodle that became dehydrated once, she was diagnosed with diabetes eventually.

Jossie said...

Poor Mimi. I hope she will be better soon.
Your little houses look are lovely. Would be nice if you joined the club. I did.

Simone de Klerk said...

You have really been busy with your scraps!

Lace hearts said...

I'm so pleased I stumbled on your blog - I've only just last week updated on my house quilt progress (much bigger houses) and i'm finding houses obsessing me. I was blog surfing, and the craft in your title caught my eye. I was so pleased to then see houses! I'm so tempted to join in and try and catch up with the mini house quilting... I wonder if it's too late. I hope Mimi is feeling a lot better.