Saturday, March 31, 2012

Earth Hour and More

Hope you are celebrating Earth Hour by turning off your lights for an hour this evening.  For us that will be 8:30pm until 9:30pm.  We will be at my DD's house.  I plan on taking my hexagon stars to work on by candle light.  In order to do my part for our planet in the coming year, I will try to give up plastic bags for keeping left-overs fresh to using re-usable containers instead.


In case you are wondering how they look (my hexagon stars, that is), here is the latest photo.  I am really enjoying these blocks.  They look complicated, but they are just as easy to do as any English pieced project.



 I also finished another block for my 'The Queen and Her Court' quilt.  This is definitely not my favourite block.  I still have three more blocks to do and then a lot of applique blocks.  It doesn't have to be done until August, so I have lots of time.







3 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

I did that last year when they had that here. Enjoy your candle-light quilting. Sounds delightful.

Erin said...

One of these days I'm going to have to ask you how one would get started quilting. I have a sewing machine now!

em's scrapbag said...

I am so in love your English paper pieced blocks. It is going to be a stunning quilt.