Monday, March 26, 2012

A New Hexagon Quilt

I wasn't able to go to Fabricland on Friday.  My scooter was willing, but the weather did not cooperate.  It rained all morning.  Even in the afternoon the weather people said to carry an umbrella.  So I didn't go.  And in my depressed, irritable state, I wasted spent a couple of hours exploring blogland.

To my great delight, I came across a new hexagon block. It's called Rose Star. There is a tutorial for it here!    And it's a wonderful, portable, handwork project, perfect for the summer.  I made a couple of blocks and I just love them.  Don't you?




6 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Yes. I. Do!

em's scrapbag said...

Hetty, they are fabulous! Can't wait to see this one grow and progress.

Rose Marie said...

This block looks great and will be perfect to work on this summer! Have fun!

Latane Barton said...

those are unique and very nice. Looks like you have a new project.

Vicki said...

I like this variation on the hexagon block. It will make a great quilt.

Bummer on the trip to Fabricland and I certainly have to say what happened to spring, these last couple of days have been rather nippy.

hakucho said...

Unusual, but very pretty! It looks like a challenge....happy quilting :)