Wednesday, April 25, 2012

White Stuff in my Garden

We had a blast of winter the last couple of days.  It was cold, cold enough to wear a winter coat.  We had a lot of rain, but also sleet, hail and snow.  The wind was fierce at times.   It was very depressing.  Nothing stayed on the ground though.  But there is a lot of white in my garden.  Good white, that is, as in flowers.  My cherry tree is in bloom.



My Iberis is also in bloom.  This is commonly known as Candy Tuft.  I love this little plant.  It gets bigger every year.


And then there is my Lunaria, commonly known as Silver Dollar Plant.   Usually this plant has pink or purple flowers.  But I also have a few that bloom in white flowers.


And last, but not least, is my flying geese block for this week.  Thanks Em.  I thought this one would be difficult, but it wasn't.  Can't wait to make the next block.


6 comments:

Terry said...

You have lots of lovely white stuff in your garden! I'm just glad to see it's not the other white stuff! LOL

Wacky Woman said...

I love Candy Tuft. Beautiful garden.

Anonymous said...

Beautifull white flowers, Hetty!
Love them.
Makke.

Latane Barton said...

Love your white flowers... and your flying geese. Different from the traditional flying geese and I sure do like it.

em's scrapbag said...

White flowers are so peaceful. Your garden looks lovely as does your block. Good job on both.

Simone de Klerk said...

Missed lots and lots of posts. Your garden looks beautiful!