Monday, May 28, 2012

Out of Business

Well, it's over.  The Quilting Patch closed its doors yesterday for the last time.  This was the shop I could get to on my scooter.  There are no other quilt shops close enough to ride to.  Now I will have to depend on someone to drive me.  But maybe I won't have to buy any more fabric for a while.

 My sister came over yesterday and we went over to the shop so she could get some fabrics for the backs of her cross stitched stockings that she makes.  They are gorgeous!  I really didn't need to buy any more fabric for myself.  I just looked around the store for some really bright fabrics.  I was inspired by some poppies I saw, growing in an empty field when I was out riding my scooter last Thursday.

Aren't they wonderful?  Very inspirational!  I have no idea what I will make with these fabrics, but I am sure I will think of something.  I love bright fabrics!

A busy day ahead of me.  Some laundry.  Some tidying up.  A plate of devilled eggs to make for tonight's potluck at our last meeting of our quilt guild for this year.  And a nap this afternoon because I know I won't be able to stay up until 10:00pm.

8 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Gorgeous fabrics and flowers Hetty. Sorry about your quilt shop. :(

Pat said...

At this stage of my life, I love afternoon naps!!! :) You got some very nice fabrics. I, too, am sorry the shop so close to you has now closed. :( Enjoy your meeting tonight.

dutchcomfort said...

Love your fabrics and I’m sorry about the quilt shop. It’s always sad when a quiltshop closed their doors.

Simone de Klerk said...

Those fabrics really say Hetty! Sorry the doors are closing for yet another quilting shop.
The flowers are beautiful. What a pretty color.

Anonymous said...

Glad you were happy to get some brightly coloured material. The poppies are gorgeous. They would inspire anyone. Take it easy today, it is going to be a hot one.

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

Boo! Another quilt store gone. That is a shame, at least you did get some great pieces. The picture of the poppies you took is fantastic. You must have a great camera and a steady hand - I lack both! Did you take the picture at the top of your blog as well of the blossoms and the butterfly? It is just beautiful.
Hope all is well.
Cheers,
Carolyn

Jossie said...

Lovely bright fabrics Hetty. Sorry to read that your quilt shop is closing down.
Beautiful poppies. They are among my favourite flowers and they make me feel so happy.

Barb said...

Those flowers are sooooooooooooooo beautiful. Sorry about the closing quilt shop....