Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Dance!

Day 31. Last of Blogtoberfest!
I made it!

I spent the entire day at my DD's school helping out with the Halloween Dance.  Didn't spend much time in the gymnasium, but I did keep the popcorn popping and the drinks flowing.  Members of the Student Council sold cupcakes and other goodies.  


It was a long day and I don't know if I am ever going to be the same again.  The music was so loud that I had to stay in the kitchen most of the time.  And if I ever hear M J's "Thriller" again I think I am going to scream! It was played for every group that came down to the gym during the entire day. But the kids were terrific!  Only one drink spilled and a few popcorn puffs fell on the floor.  They all came in costumes and danced their little hearts out.  Here are some of the older students, my DD's grade 7/8 class.


The DJ was fantastic.  He had appropriate music for the entire school population.  Fun songs for the little ones and current music for the older group.  I sang and danced and made a fool out of myself!  But I had a blast!  And now I am home and I think I could sleep for a week, but in an hour or so the Trick or Treaters will be knocking at the door.  

Here is a photo of the cupcakes, cookies and muffins I baked.  The light orange iced cupcakes are the ones I made.  See that pumpkin in the background?  I brought that to school this morning and my DD's class carved it for me.  I am very grateful for that.



HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!





3 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Yeah you did it Hetty! Congratulations on a whole month of blogging! You can now relax and celebrate Halloween!

hakucho said...

You outdid yourself with all the treats! I bet the kids adore you :)

Simone de Klerk said...

Beautiful happy post. Great to see hoe Halloween is celebrated with you!
I wish I could sneak away a cup cake that you made.
And how lovwly that the kids in DD class carved th pumpkin for you (: