Sunday, November 18, 2012

It's Official...

...Santa is here!

He arrived in Toronto today, as part of the Santa Claus Parade.  Oh, now, who is that big guy?  Another Santa?  Oh, no.  It's our Mayor, Rob Ford.  Put a beard on that guy and he could be Santa too!


Now that it is official my favourite radio station is playing non-stop Christmas music.  It's putting me in a Christmas stressful mood.  I am being reminded that it is just over a month until Christmas.  I want to make a quilt for my son.  For years I was collecting cartoon fabrics.  I tried to put a few blocks together today, but realized that I don't have enough fabric.  Did I actually say that?  I have tons of fabric, but not enough cartoon fabrics.  My DH took me to Fabricland this afternoon, but I couldn't find anything.  Does anyone have any idea where I can get some?  I have never ordered anything on the internet, but I think I am going to have to start.  Just hope it will get here in time.  Here is what I have done this afternoon.
I plan to cut the focus fabrics into 6.5 inch blocks and put some 2 inch strips around them.  I am using scraps for the strips and doing them in blue and red.  I will use the 'Quilt-as-you-Go' method to quilt it.  I am hoping for some more Star Wars, Scooby Doo, Road Runner and Wile E Coyote, Charlie Brown and other such fabrics.  If you know where I can get some, please let me know.







4 comments:

ann said...

I feel your pain when trying to find quilt fabric at Fabricland....really beginning to dislike that place. Online try equilter as they have a good search feature and I suspect you could find something from there. I think their shipping is pretty fast too. Good luck I'll check back in to see how you're making out with the comic quilt. P.S. I live about an hr NW of Toronto just outside of Orangeville....a fellow Ontarian.

Simone de Klerk said...

I did a bit of research. This is the best link I found: http://www.etsy.com/search?q=cartoon+fabric&view_type=gallery&ship_to=ZZ&ref=auto4
You might also search on ebay, but I have never ordered there.
Good luck and I hope you can find what you want.


Vicki said...

Hi Hetty

You may want to try frabric.com. Here is a link to their catoon section: http://www.fabric.com/quilting-fabric-novelty-conversational-quilt-fabrics-famous-cartoon-tv-and-book-characters.aspx

I have yet to order fabric from them but my friend Sue in Long Island orders from them all the time since she is into novelty type stuff. Looks like they have a good selection.

eQuilter has some but they have been very slow in shipping this year and take like 2+ weeks to get stuff up to Canada so I'm thinking that might not really work for you given that we are half way through Nov. Good luck.

Wacky Woman said...

I feel your pain.