Wednesday, November 14, 2012

One Flower Wednesday

Not just one flower, but two today.  White hexies will need to be made to go between the coloured blocks.  Not looking forward to those, but they have to be done.  Here are this week's hexies,  in amongst the cranesbill leaves.  I must have had autumn on my mind because the colours of these blocks just scream fall!


I took this photo outside this morning.  The sun is nice and bright today, and even though it is cold, it doesn't really feel too bad.  These coloured leaves are so pretty right now.  There is almost no other colour left in my garden.  But these are fantastic!







5 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Do I see a little hexie flower pretending to be a leaf? Nice!

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Sou viciada em hexágonos e adoro.Para não desanimar com brancos e que tais,minha sugestão(eu faço assim)é fazer um pouco desses juntos,quando se vê...faltam poucos.Beijos e bençãos.

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely how the flower fits into your garden. You could almost forget it.

Reddirt Woman said...

And what a creative way to combine your 'gardens'... Neat idea Hetty! The colors in the hexies marry the cranesbill leaves beautifully. I'd say fall is definitely on your mind.

Thank you for sharing.

Monica said...

It is cranesbill? My guess was columbine. What a fantastic shape! I'm sure there must be some kind of quilty inspiration there...