Wednesday, April 03, 2013

My Whimsical Garden

In the springtime my thoughts turn to the flowers in my garden.  Since spring is taking its time getting here, I am dreaming of all the beautiful plants I will have this year.  So I decided to start on 'My Whimsical Garden' by Piece O' Cake designs.  I picked the pattern up last Saturday and couldn't wait to start it.  This is not the easiest applique block I have ever made.  There were lots of tiny pieces.  But I love it.  Hope you will too.



The block is 10 1/2 inches square.  There are 20 blocks in all.  I am doing this block for the yahoo group, Applique Your Way.  That means I am supposed to do one block per month.  This quilt would not be finished for almost two years.  Yipes!  Too long for me.  I doubt if I can stay interested for that long.  New things are bound to come along and I will take detours.  I know myself, so I will just keep working on this until I have had enough.  I might have to make a wall hanging. LOL

7 comments:

Peggy said...

It's adorable

Terry said...

What a cute block! :0)

Anonymous said...

Love this block.
Looks like spring is on the way.
And birds are on the way.
Saw sparrows and robbins on my seedtables.
Still patches of snow here and there. Soon it will be summer.
Makke.

dutchcomfort said...

Sooo cute!! The birds are singing and buidling nests here, even though it}s still cold.

Monica said...

Great job, Hetty! I started this block in a class with Becky two years ago, but have since abandoned it. Your fabrics are perfect!

Wacky Woman said...

Very cute. Maybe you could do two a month.

Barb said...

Oh....I love this!