Monday, May 13, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

I have two baby quilts that have to be finished in the next two weeks.  I can't show you the whole quilts, although I doubt if any of these future Moms even know about my blog.  But these quilts are not done anyway, so I'll just give you a little sneak peek.  The first one features Winnie the Pooh.  Can you guess what the theme of this baby's room will be?

 

I don't have much left to do on this one, only a bit of sashing and then the borders.  Then I have to piece the backing because it is not wide enough.  Hope to get that done today so that I can take it to my Tuesday morning quilt group where I can sandwich it at table height.  That makes things easier for me.

The next one is going to be kind of scrappy.  I am using all the left overs from Winnie's quilt and then some.  I think it will turn out cute.  It has to be finished a week after the first quilt, so I have not done too much on it so far.  I am doing the four-patches as leaders and enders.  So this quilt is kind of making itself.


This past weekend was a cold one.  We had frost warnings over night.  I don't have any annuals planted yet, so I don't have to worry.  Yesterday we had rain, sleet, ice pellets interspersed with beautiful sunny periods.  It was a strange day.  Today should be sunny, but the temperature will not go above 9C.  I am going to stay inside and quilt, quilt, quilt.  And maybe cook a pot of stew for tonight's dinner.  Stay warm if you live in Ontario!

3 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Oh what happy quilts.

em's scrapbag said...

Cute baby quilts in the making.

Dolores said...

I debated on going for a walk and then decided to stay in and sew. Cute quilts.