Monday, July 22, 2013

Busy, Busy

My Japanese student is arriving this evening.  So I am busy.  But I just can't walk past my sewing machine without wanting to sew something.  The 16-patch is now a flimsy.  It's going to have to wait to be quilted though.  There are a couple of other quilt tops that I want to quilt too.

I am planning to work on the Wiggly Whimsy this week.  I want to get it finished.



I wasn't going to start anything new until I had finished some of my many flimsies.  But then I saw the split nine-patch on Bonnie Hunter's blog.  This is the 2013 Leader and Ender Challenge - Split 9 Patch.  It's to be an ongoing project.  There is no hurry.  Since I use leaders and enders all the time, I think I will try this challenge.  Here is the first block I made just to see what it will look like.   Not bad.  I think it's doable.



3 comments:

Dolores said...

Split nine patch is looking good and so is the wiggly whimsy. At least the weather is better this week.

Terry said...

I smile every time I see a wiggly whimsy quilt on someone's blog! Yours looks so pretty! :0)

Wacky Woman said...

I love your quilt. I love lots of negative white space. So fresh looking. How is your exchange student getting on?