Saturday, October 19, 2013

Kaffe Fassett Inspired

My latest charity quilt is finally a flimsy inspired by Kaffe Fassett.  Most of these fabrics are mine, but I was able to pick up a few more yesterday when I attended our Quilts from the Heart group at a local senior's residence.  We cut 2.5 and 3 inch squares (at least that's what I did) from scraps in order to make some Autumn Dance quilts for Quilts of Valour.  I asked if I could have a few scraps of the reds and I was granted my wish.  So this morning I turned those scraps and others into this flimsy.  I hope to sandwich and quilt it this weekend, so it will be ready for guild night.

This pattern is from Kaffe Fassett's book, 'Country Garden Quilts'.  I made a few blocks using Kaffe's fabrics and they turned out beautifully.  I will continue to work on them until I have another flimsy.  But now I am off to do some grocery shopping.  




3 comments:

Deb said...

Awesome job Hetty and you got it done so quickly!! with the reds and greens it is very Christmasssy. When you said you like the pattern I didn't expect the quilt done already.

Wacky Woman said...

Oh wow, you are quick! Nice flimsy!

em's scrapbag said...

Good Job it is lovely.