Friday, January 31, 2014

A Start and a Finish


Gung Hei Fat Choy!

First I want to wish everyone who is celebrating the Chinese New Year a wonderfully prosperous and healthy year of the horse!  That's the start I am talking about.

And now for the finish.  It's not a complete finish, but it is a flimsy finish.  I finally got the hexie flower basket quilt top done.  A couple of days ago I was approached by my guild to see if I would do a hexagon demonstration at our February Guild meeting.  I said that I would be delighted.  That gave me the incentive to finish this quilt top.  

Sorry for the 'crazy' photo.  I didn't have anyone here to hold it up for me.  But that's okay, I am doing a lot of things alone these days. Yesterday I took Felix to the vet so they could do some kind of diabetic curve on him.  They gave him a dose of insulin and then monitored his blood on an hourly basis to find his glycemic levels.  When I picked him up last night they taught me how to give him his insulin and how to check his blood.  This morning I gave him his insulin shot all by myself.  I was very nervous and didn't think I could do it, but he was no problem.  I offered him a couple of treats and he sat nice and still for me.  I don't think he ever even noticed that I put a needle in the scruff of his neck.

I am linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and Hexie Friday today.

Happy Sewing!



14 comments:

Terry said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful! :0)

Lorna McMahon said...

Wow! This is one stunning beauty! I love it! What a lot of hours. You have every right to be proud. Happy Friday!

amyrdh said...

That's just beautiful! I am interested to see how you will quilt and bind it.

em's scrapbag said...

Stunning! You've done a wonderful job!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The quilt is beautiful. I'm glad you had the incentive to get it done to show at the demo.

Grit said...

Simply wonderful and awesome design. Wonderful work , Hetty.

Wacky Woman said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Sorry to hear about Felix. I know what you are going through.

I almost hate to ask about Mimi.

Karen H said...

Hi Hetty - I am a fellow hexieaholic also in the Big Smoke! Your quilt is beautiful; congratulations on a fine finish! Will you quilt by hand?

Anonymous said...

Hetty you and Karen need to get together, we need to pick a day you should see karens quilts!!
Yours is gorgeous and so glad you got the incentive to finish it! awesome work you do, I am very excited about your demo.
I am sure kitty knows you are a gentle mommy and only doing him good.

Manuela said...

Hello Hetty,

Congratulation.
Your Hexiebasketquilt looks so amazing. It's a wonderful finish.

Greetings, Manuela

Monica said...

Great work, Hetty! It's been a long process, but well worth it in the end. :)

dutchcomfort said...

Congrats on a lovely flimsy finish!!

How are Felix and Mimi doing now?

Barb said...

OHHHHH mYYYYY GOSH...that is soooooooooooooooooo amazing!!!!

Angie in SoCal said...

What a wonderful hexie quilt! It looks so fresh and colorful. Hope you link again to Hexie Weekend and let us know how the demo went and any tips you shared.