Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Hey! What's that White Stuff?

I had wanted to show you what is on my design floor, but I can't concentrate on my quilting when my world is starting to look a lot like winter again.

My frog is freezing his little you-know-what off.  Not a happy camper right now.  I think.


And what about this robin?  I found him sitting in my apple tree, singing away and preening himself.  Kind of like using the snowflakes as a shower.  He seemed happy, but I'm not sure.  I wouldn't be.


I guess he has seen snow in April before and is making the best of things.  So I will do the same and show you what I will be working on in the next week or so.  First is my maple leaf quilt.  This is one of my UFOs that I want to get done this month.  I have a few stems to applique before I can finish it.  But that shouldn't take long.


And then there are my hexies.  I am still working on them.  I doubt if they will be finished any time soon. They are my ongoing evening project.  I think these will take another year or so.


And last, but not least is this quilt.  My DD asked me to make a baby boy quilt for a friend of hers.  So this is what I came up with.  There will be a total of 16 blocks with sashing between them.  I hope to have it completed - at least to a flimsy stage - by this weekend.  The focus blocks are made using a Bob the Builder fabric that I have had in my staff for a long time.  It will be good to get it used up.

And now I am off to my Tuesday morning group. 
 See you again soon.


5 comments:

Dolores said...

Nice projects to keep you busy.

Wacky Woman said...

I can't believe you are still getting snow. Colorado and Wyoming got snow this week. Strange weather. As for your lovely WIPs, love them!

Terry said...

My frog wasn't any happier than your frog this morning! I love those leaf blocks! :0)

Mary K said...

Your hexies are amazing! Wish I had that many done. I need to work on it to get it done.

Barb said...

Great projects for when it snows.....stay warm!!