Thursday, June 19, 2014

I Do Finish Some Things Some of the Time

The nice weather is finally here.  Only a couple of days to go before summer starts.  Most of the gardening has been done.  Now it is just weed, weed, weed.  But that can wait for another day.  We had some unsettled days, weatherwise.  Lots of rain, thunder and lightning, hail, heavy winds and even a tornado just to the north of us.  But now the sunshine has arrived.


I have been quilting the Bob the Builder quilt for my DD's friend.  The baby shower is on Saturday and I had to get it finished.  So finish I did.  I put the last few stitches into the binding this morning.  There is still a label to be made, but I don't know the baby's name, so I think I will put that on after he is born.



While out in the garden I noticed my wisteria is blooming.  Our winter was very long and cold and I worried about this vine because it took so long to show any signs of life this spring.  But now it is doing fine.  It has lots of lovely flower racemes on it.


In all my excitement to get the quilt done, I have decided to link up with The Needle and Thread Network.  I think I have an hour or so left to do that.






6 comments:

Heather said...

that's a great little quilt. I am planning a similar one, except for a big boy. Going to use 'cheesecake' pinups for the large squares.

Dolores said...

The quilt looks great and so does the garden.

Wacky Woman said...

Oh Hetty, your quilt is absolutely darling.

KaHolly said...

Hetty, Your Bob the Builder quilt is absolutely adorable. Would you mind if I pinned it to my baby quilts board? Mmmm, wisteria. I miss mine! I remember the first time I ever saw it, down south, growing out over a small, rambling river. It took my breath away.

Lorette said...

LOVE your Bob the Builder quilt! Your friend will love it! Congrats! Your wisteria would be shivering if it was here...

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a fun quilt!