Friday, July 25, 2014

This Year's Students Have Arrived!

If you have been a reader of my blog for a long time, you will know that we try to host some Japanese students each summer.  This year is no different.  It is such a great experience!

The girls attend school during the day, to increase their knowledge of the English language and to see the sights in and around the Toronto area.   In the evening they stay with us, to experience what we do in our day-to-day lives here in Canada.  They arrived on Tuesday evening, but I have not posted anything until today because I kept forgetting to take photos.  And you know that I don't like to post anything without a picture.

But last night we took a walk along Lake Ontario out in Ajax and I remembered my camera!   It was already starting to get dark, so please excuse the poor quality of my photos.


We walked along the paved path that goes along the lake.  It's a wonderful area.  Lots of wildlife and birds. We even had a coyote cross our path.  The geese were talking to us from the lake below.  One of my DD's friends met us at the park.  She has a 1-year old daughter who just learned to walk by herself two weeks ago.  The girls loved looking after her.  I had trouble keeping up with them on the walk, so my HD (who came along) and I sat on a bench and enjoyed the nature all around us.  The others continued on the path.


Hopefully I can add some quilty stuff when I do my Japanese student blogs in the future.  But I have not had much time to sew lately.  I hope to find some time today.



4 comments:

Dolores said...

I'm sure that even though you've seen the sights of Toronto, there's always something new to see. I hope your Japanese visitors enjoy their time here.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a wonderful experience for all of you. Such a cute baby. I had a neighbor take did the same and really enjoyed it.

Mary K said...

Enjoy the youngins. Sewing will always be there. Looking through their eyes at a place you live everyday in is awesome.

Wacky Woman said...

Truly a fabulous experience for the girls and you!