Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What I'm Working On

I have been out of town for a few days.  Just got back yesterday.  I didn't have much time for machine sewing.  But I did do a couple of small things.  I started to make the basket blocks for the bow tie quilt I started last month. This month's blocks were small baskets.  I don't really like them; just a bit too small and fussy for my liking. I only made two of them and I don't think I will make any more.



I know I promised not to start any other new projects, but I just couldn't resist when I saw the elephant baby quilt on the Sew Fresh Quilts site.  The sew along started on February the 1st.  I made one elephant block so far.  It is so cute and it took no time at all.  I will definitely make more blocks of this quilt.  But I will finish some more urgent quilts first.


While away from my machine I worked on some crocheted granny hexies.  I spent a couple of hours each day working on these.  I think I have enough for a small baby blanket.


Today I am heading to my sewing machine.  I really have to finish that jungle quilt before William is too old for it.



5 comments:

KaHolly said...

It's amazing to me how much I can accomplish by hand when I'm away from my machine. Your creations are wonderful. I was looking twice at the elephants this morning..perhaps you've inspired me to jump in!

Dolores said...

I'm glad that you decided to stop at making two basket blocks. Often people struggle to do things that they don't enjoy only to lose interest later and the project becomes just another UFO. I like your granny squares and it's a great project to use up little bits of yarn. I may just be starting a new project too - after seeing your elephant. I need to make a baby quilt.

Turid said...

Your bow tie blocks are so fresh. And you made some nice basket blocks too. I love those blocks, and can use all my smallest scraps for them. And I've started to think seriously on the elephants.....

Wacky Woman said...

I love the elephant block. Do I dare to put my foot in that water?

Terry said...

I love your elephant block! I was going to make some of those, then decided I just didn't have the time. :0/